Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Anonymous usage data and analytics

What?

To better understand how users interact with podStation, I will introduce google analytics to podStation.

What this means is that the podStation will collect anonymous data like which sections of the software are viewed (last episodes, episodes in progress, options, etc...) and counters on certain events (played, paused, speed changed, etc...).

Why?

Because as I have limited time to dedicate to podStation's development, I need to know how the software is being used to optimize my efforts in enhancing the software.

This way I can know which features are more used and require more attention, and also it helps me prioritize feature requests.

Q&A

  1. Q: Can it be disabled?
    A: Sure, you can disable it in the Options section by unchecking the box Send anonymous usage data and then clicking the Save button
  2. Q: Does it collect personal data or information regarding the pages I visit?
    A: Absolutely NOT! I value the privacy of  podStation's users very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment